Wednesday, March 20, 2013

tiny kitchen's albondigas con pasta

I have always associated albondigas with soup, so when I was told that Tiny Kitchen has a new pasta dish called albondigas, I was intrigued and immediately ordered it.  Their albondigas or Spanish meatballs are served with spaghetti and a creamy savory sauce.  The sauce reminds me of a palabok sauce, only milder.  Obviously, the star of this pasta dish are the albondigas.  Albondigas, unlike the cheesy polpette (Italian meatballs), has a more simple taste.  It has to be seasoned perfectly to make it stand out otherwise there will be no other flavors that will compensate, be it a lack of salt or too much saltiness.  Tiny Kitchen's albondigas were perfectly seasoned.  It's saltiness was perfect to stand out over the mild savory sauce.  It was a delightful meal and I was glad that I gave in to the suggestion.  There is a reason why Tiny Kitchen remains as one of my favorite restaurants.

Tiny Kitchen's Albondigas con Pasta


2 comments: