Sunday, February 10, 2013

tiny kitchen's ham and cheese sandwich

It was late in the afternoon a few days ago when I decided to drop by one of my favourite restaurants  in Davao City, Tiny Kitchen.  Since I was in a hurry, I decided to just order a sandwich.  I ordered their jamon y queso or ham and cheese sandwich.

Tiny Kitchen's Jamon y Queso Sandwich


From the get go, the sandwich was amazing.  The warmth and crispiness of the lightly toasted ciabatta bread set the tone of this sandwich experience.  The first taste that introduced the sandwich on the first bite was the light sweetness of the white onion.  Then an explosion of flavours and textures joined in harmony with the onion.  The crunch from the cucumber and lettuce was perfect with the tender slices of the smoked ham and the distinctive but light note from the mustard.  The last taste that caressed my palate was the creamy melted cheese.  That was just the first bite.

Best Ever, Tiny Kitchen's Iced Tea

The sandwich may look like there's too much in it but the generous servings of the ham and its unmistakable smokey aroma was the piece de resistance of this ubiquitous snack.  Bite after bite and I was swearing that I'll only be eating just sandwich from now on.  Just this sandwich.  But I am sure men swear many things they can't follow through when they are having a bit of an orgasmic experience.  That's how this sandwich was to me, orgasmic.  And it doesn't hurt that Tiny Kitchen has one of the best iced teas around which could match toe to toe with the sandwich.

I came in to just have a light snack but I came out thoroughly satisfied.  This was a winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment